Sunday, March 1, 2015

The truth about kilts

I bought this from a thrift store a while back and it was horribly unflattering... so I worked some seamstress magic andddd...... #fab.
I bought it actually thinking it was a kilt, like a legit kilt. Since I'm Scottish, I thought "oh how cultural of me!". Yeah.... nope. This is a faux kilt! My best friend's dad broke the news to me. He's a bagpiper and wears kilts like every weekend... aka he knows his kilts. I did some more research and found out the truth:

1. Kilts are made out of a wool tartan plaid. (which my skirt is!)
2. Typically worn by men in Scotland. (yeah.. not a man or in Scotland or using bagpipes)
3. Hems hits just above knee. (I did hem mine from there because boy was that unflattering...)
4. Apron fridge. (clearly I got that!)
5. Knife pleats. (here's the real zinger... not a single pleat on my 'kilt'. The pleats are supposed to be in the back, allowing for easy movement and flow.)
6. Buckles. (yeah I got three buttons and not a single buckle... whoops.)
7. Eva is not wearing a kilt... just a wool skirt with fun fringe and a few buttons. (whoop whooop whooop)

Skirt: similar
Blouse: similar
Jacket: similar
Bag: similar
Tights: similar
Booties: similar

(Here's a thank you card I got from helping out at an admissions event the other day... It really made me smile. Even though it was probably written as a joke since I use the word fabulous at least 30 times a day... I laughed and smiled when I saw it!)

Linking Up Today with:
The Pleated Poppy // Because Shanna Said So // Pump & Pushups  // Tucker Up // Book of Leisure // Cappuccino and Fashion  //  For the Love of Leopard

3 comments:

  1. You look great I love Plaid and the jacket the earrings are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why you would think it was unflattering, but I honestly think you look amazing on that plaid skirt. Pairing it up with the leather jacket made it pop more beautifully. At any rate, I'm sorry it was a faux kilt. Hope you find a kilt that'll match your style well. Thanks for sharing that, Eva! Stay gorgeous! :)

    Anita Newman @ UT Kilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt! Wish I had some seamstress magic!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete