Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Blogger Scene & Jamberry's

Last Thursday I went to my first Blogger Scene event!

It was SO exciting and I loved seeing all the other bloggers in the DC area. I went with another blogger friend at Understated Classics, and met so many other cool people there too!
To prep for the event, we obviously had to pick out some great outfits... that's like the #1 thing all fashion bloggers love to do. However, there's a certain pressure that we felt when picking out these outfits.... who was going to be there? Does this look represent my blog? Am I dressed too casual? Too dressy? SO MANY QUESTIONS. I just wanted to look fabulous..... then it hit me. I AM fabulous. Okay I know that's my blog name and I say the word 'fabulous' more than everyone else, but it's all about the mental state of fabulosity. 
*This is my 'take the damn picture Clare, I look good!'*
If I am comfortable, I'll feel fabulous. If I don't care that I'm dressed up a little too much or a little too casual, then I will feel fabulous. That's all I want my 2015 to be filled with-- feeling fabulous and content with my life and mental state. 
--Rant over-- Let's just talk about what I actually ended up wearing.
First off, I think turtlenecks are wonderful. It's cold on the East coast! Plus they are comfortable, especially my cashmere cranberry turtleneck. I layered some necklaces to show off that yes, I do have a neck, its just currently wrapped in cashmere. The bae of all my skirts, this gem from Ann Taylor... def the 'fab' part of my From farm to Fab styled outfit. Add black tights and booties, and I'd say I was ready for a night out with some fashion bloggers.
Oh wait, let's not forget about my nails! Have you tried Jamberry's? Well... you should. Follow this link to get a sweet deal from yours truly! My blogger friend taught me the proper technique of application (totally not as intimidating as it seems), and we did our nails before the event on Thursday.
Also how crazy is it that I ACTUALLY WON A RAFFLE PRIZE?! I feel like everyone says they never win anything.... I am def one of those people. So to hear the lovely hosts say my name was CRAZY. I ended up winning a $310 class pass to [solidcore] fitness, $30 to SweetGreen (totes perfect for a vegetarian!), an Under Armour tank top for [solidcore], and some other random goodies all courtesy of The Maxwell!

Blouse: Talbots (similar, similar)
Skirt: Ann Taylor (similar, similar)
Tights: H&M 
Booties: JustFab (similar, similar)
Necklaces: Original Design (similar, similar)
Nails: Jamberry Metallic Rose Gold (SHOP)

Thanks again to The Fashionably Broke for hosting this great event! See you next time!

Linking Up today with:


No comments:

Post a Comment